Monday, November 16, 2015

Preparing for the gallery show was a very interesting experience, since I've never done it before. My dad is a commercial photographer, so I grew up with high quality photo prints around the house and learned to see photography as a legitimate art form very early on, but this was the first time I felt like I could see my photography as real art, rather than just a picture I'd taken. Seeing my photos printed and hung, even though it was just for class, was a very gratifying experience. Attending the gallery itself was strange. I expected it to feel extremely different because I was part of it, but it felt very similar to other art galleries I've gone to. I was there to look at the art, and the fact that some of it was mine didn't make much of a difference. Seeing everyone's work hung up together was also interesting, because the pieces seemed so separate and different when they were on tables or screens, but all hung up in one room everybody's photos seemed to come together as part of a greater whole, even though they were very different.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the gallery helped you to appreciate your own work, I felt the same way! Also, I agree with your thoughts about how everyone's work came together; the gallery really unified each individual piece.

    ReplyDelete